breakfast, Kathleen and I were preparing for the day when we heard a
sharp hiss (on our to-do lists: work on tire-changing and
tube-patching skills). So, we called a cab to drive us the 6.5 miles
to the bike shop, the Bicycle Center in Clarksville, where some super
friendly guys took care of us. I felt very lucky to have a shop nearby
that carried my size tire.
About a mile later, my tire felt strange (and at this point I was sure
I was just paranoid). We stopped to look and POP, the tube blew my
tire off the rim. I called the shop, and someone retrieved my tire,
took it in, fixed it and brought it back to our corner, with a
corrected rim strip so my tire wouldn't explode again.
Then, Kathleen and I rode 57 miles through Davidson, Montgomery and
Sheraton (?) Counties to the Land Between the Lakes National
Recreation Area. Our two major milestones, not necessarily in order of
importance, were crossing into Kentucky and seeing our first roadkill
armadillo!
If no more tires explode, and barring any other major setbacks, we'll
cross the Mississippi on Monday!
It's strange to have cell reception out here where the crickets and
tree frogs may actually keep us up all night. We saw a beautiful pink
sunset over Lake Kentucky (the western lake; the other is Lake
Barkley), and we're looking forward to the scenery tomorrow. Hopefully
the cloud cover from today will still be with us.
--
Sent from Gmail for mobile | mobile.google.com
No comments:
Post a Comment