skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Day 19 (August 30): Mo Ozarks
Kathleen and I rode up and down hills for just under 60 miles today. I was passed by the tractor below. The sun was beautiful, with the temperature in the mid-80s and not as muggy as it has been. The scenery was some of the prettiest I've had since North Carolina.
Our dead armadillo tally has risen to 7 total - I may stop being excited by them one of these days ... I made friends with a horse who decided to trot along beside me for a while (well, "beside" while still in his fence), which was a more flattering reaction to my presence on the road than the herd of cows I sent running for cover yesterday. My uncle Mark said he believes the cows were just inspired to go for a jog themselves.
We passed from Shannon County into Texas County (and through the town of Houston) along the TransAmerica route, which I'll be on until Pueblo, Colorado. I must confess - we skipped 50 miles to end up here in Marshfield in the hotel that Mark and Elizabeth picked out. For that and the sake of my knee in the Ozarks, we'll be cycling from here in the morning (and leaving those 50 driven miles behind) into slightly flatter terrain.
No comments:
Post a Comment