Silver Lake, and down to Placerville. There were a few long hills, but
I mostly just sat on my bike and rolled along. Jim had pointed me in
the direction of the Mormon Emigrant Trail, a less-traveled road
through the forest, to take instead of the route on my map. I saw
hardly any cars, and the wide variety of trees framed the views of the
Sierras, each in a different way. One type of huge pine (I'll have to
look it up) had bright green moss growing on its trunks, and it lit up
the little clearings along the road.
Immediately after coming out of the mountains, the trees shrunk and
twisted and the ground turned grassy and golden. The rolling hills
brought me into a 90-degree afternoon in Placerville, where I
retreated to the air conditioning and pizza.
I covered about 55 miles today and am reluctantly pedaling on
tomorrow, just two days away from San Francisco.
1 comment:
awesome - you've come a long way!!
Post a Comment